Monday 21 November 2016

READING ACTUALLY INSPIRES!



Just finished reading 'THE CHICKEN SOUP FOR SHAPING THE NEW YOU.'

I am not badly overweight, but I will fit into the category of FAT. Of course my family would not accept it - They say above the age of 50, it is okay to be this size.

But, I did suffer from a bloated feeling after meals, continuous pressure on my diaphragm and felt lethargic most of the time. Having read '101 ENCOURAGING STORIES About Dieting & Fitness And Finding What Works For You', I was totally inspired and encouraged to overlook the neatly stacked jars of tempting savories that go so well with the evening tea.

Two Quotes did the magic :
"A minute on the lips, a lifetime on the hips."
"Let things go waste, let them not assemble on your waist."

These lines proved to be the TURNING POINTS of my life. Today, I feel lighter (though not in kilos), happier, active and alive! That depressing feeling of heaviness has gone. I sleep soundly and respect myself a little more.

I resist the temptation of overindulgence, cook healthy meals, include fruits and greens in my daily menu AND completely agree with Jim Rohn who very  aptly said, "Take good care of your body. It's the only place you have to live.." Thank You Richard Simmons, May God Bless You.

 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment